Friday, May 1, 2009

Reasons

I am excited for summer:

-No more dorms (screaming girls, toilet seat covers and bunk beds)
-No more classes (hw, exams, deadlines and back to back all nighters)
-To be H.O.M.E
-To be with family (with a new addition on the way)
-To go camping and wakeboarding
-BBQs, fireplaces, late nights on the deck, general summer bliss
-Lots of friend love time
-To make art that will not be receiving a grade, just my own approval and enjoyment
-Attending and celebrating a few weddings of friends
-Lots of music
-To counsel youth at church camp
-To rest, read, write, create
-To make some grand memories

I am not excited for summer:

-Leaving my beloved friends
-Leaving a community of all college babies
-Leaving ANGELA who I possibly may not see until FALL 2010! Yuck.
-No more beach/crazy sunshine
-I will come back and be: 20, a college junior, and more clueless about my future than when I left
-I have to take summer classes
-I have to get a new job, maybe two
-I have to not be lazy, which I will be, no doubt.

THANKFULLY, there are a lots more reasons to be excited than to be un-excited.
Either way, summer is coming, so is life. Time to gear up, let loose and let it all get figured out. Hokay, go.

No comments: