Sunday, June 14, 2009

the need

I feel the need to smile at someone who looks upset, regardless if we are acquainted or not.

I feel the need to carelessly/intentionally clutter up my newly cleaned room.

I feel the need to jot down questions, thoughts or ideas. To nail em down right then.

I feel the need to sing. To just about every song I've ever heard.

I feel the need to speak. If no one is speaking and I have a thought or two.

I feel the need to rebel against the routines I have boxed myself into.

I feel the need to touch whatever surface I am walking by and let my fingers explore the texture.

I feel the need freeze moments of time. To capture them forever from behind a lens in order for our lives to keep on living through film.

I feel the need to express. Anything and everything.

I feel the need to reassure those who seem to be downtrodden.

I feel the need to at times, think, feel and act like a 9 year old.

I feel the need to listen. To the one longing to talk.

I feel the need to adventure, spontaneously seek, and intricately dissect the beauty around me.

I feel the need to create noise where there is silence.

I feel the need move. Keep my mind entertained with action.

I feel the need to delight the spaces around me. Decorating to stimulate and remind me of true beauty.

I feel the need to pray. Rapidly whenever I get in over my head, which is often.

I feel the need to serve. To assist those who cannot or choose not to assist themselves.

I feel the need to create. To transform things from ugly in their solitude, into something beautiful with a harmony of objects, images and materials.

I feel the need to praise. The God who redeemed me from death to eternal glory. Why? Because He loves me.

I feel the need to entertain. To bring joy to those around me by being myself.

I feel the need to dream. About extremely unrealistic circumstances. It puts fire in my belly.

I feel the need to push myself. To exert every option available in hopes of a more fulfilled life than one sitting on the sidelines.

I feel the need to appreciate. Everything in its own right.

I feel the need to cuddle. If I could live in a world where everyone cuddled all the time, I would. In a second.

I feel the need to learn. To enrich, to instill, to soak up all I can.

I feel the need to share. That which I have discovered with others, whether I am right or wrong.

I feel the need to include any who are excluded. Everyone deserves to be part of something.

I feel the need to love. Boundlessly, constantly, and without condition or regret.

I feel the need to arrive at that fateful day where I will need no more.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love the heart God has given you... SOOO MUCH!

Shane Pech said...

!