Thursday, June 18, 2009

I have been alive 20 years.

Today, is the day I was born. I've been alive nearly a 1/4 of my life already. And even though today, I feel semi-grown up, I know that looking back on today 20 MORE years from now...I will giggle in the fondest of ways.

Ha, its funny that my first thought in writing this was derived from the Shannon Tierney 20th Birthday emotion explosion, that involved my dearest friend rolling on the ground of her dorm room yelling ''I don't wanna be a big girl.'' Love you Shan, you are my inspiration today, and my prayers will follow you all summer long on your adventure.

I've always been the baby. In my family, amongst my friends, at school and at work. I'm not complaining, being the baby has its perks. Like getting to blame things on those that are ''more wise, because of age'' than little old me. Also legitimately getting to learn from the successes and mistakes of those who have already experienced what I have yet to experience, was the greatest perk I can think of. Minus a few drawbacks, all in all, being the baby really is the best place to be.

Shoot, this year has definitely been one of the most telling years of my life thus far. Second year in college, easing into my major and finding my passion in that, growing more mature in the way I handle myself in various situations, working harder than I ever have, playing harder than I ever have, experiencing and enjoying God in new ways, being involved with a disgustingly great church family, growing deeper in my current relationships, and making new ones, trying new things, returning to old ones, and ultimately becoming more and more comfortable in my own skin, knowing who I am, how I got here, and where I should go now. Thanks 19, you've been a doll.

There's clearly no telling what year 20 will hold, but if its anything like 19, I will be a happy woman. I do know that as opposed to last year, this year I am already appreciating the blessings I have right now. Ignoring things that will leave me empty and wanting, and striving towards what I know and now will carry out to be beneficial and insanely good in my life.

Alright Jesus, another year...let's do this.

No comments: