Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ants in my Pants

Is how I feel right now. Itchin' for something.

This is the longest I've ever been without a job since I was 15, and it's starting to eat at me a bit, well....the ants are anyway.

I'm wondering what God is trying to teach me through this process. Humility? Patience? Determination? Faith? To chill out? Dunno yet.

My mom walked into my room a bit ago with a book of poetry I had written in 6th grade for a lit class. I will now share with you a bit of what my 11 yr old mind had to say.

5 Senses

Nervous is blue
It tastes like ice cubes
It sounds like a big drum
It smells like a cloud of smoke
It looks like a bee buzzing around
Nervous feels like its never going to stop.

Distraction is heavy
It tastes like vinegar and oil
It sounds loud and obnoxious
It smells like rotten eggs
It looks like a big rain cloud
Distraction feels like a person yelling in your ear.

Good work 6th grade, me. If only it was still this cut and dry.

No comments: