Sunday, March 8, 2009

I realized today that I am a wuss.

Yep, kind of a sad realization...but still.
I was driving around aimlessly, which is literally one of my favorite things. I love driving by myself, it helps me clear my head. I was driving with a semi-purpose though, to find the next subject for my photo project. After driving to Downtown Disney and chilling there for a while, I felt like a creep, so headed back and went to Brea for a bit.

It took me a while to find inspiration of any kind, haha but I finally decided on people pumping gas. This fulfills the assignment in many different ways so I was excited to finally have an idea, so I pursued it. I pulled in to the first station I saw and parked in an empty spot by the vacuum things. I got my camera out, loaded the film, and then stopped. I suddenly felt really strange about what I was about to do. Would I want someone to take pictures of me pumping gas? That's kinda weird... I kept thinking. So then without even realizing it, I start my car and drive away! Then thinking, Rachel... don't be lame this is totally fine, not a big deal. Pulling in to the next station, I do the SAME thing. What? I know, so lame. And then after a few more times of almost invading random strangers privacy, I'm late for work. Sooo close.

So, I shall try again tomorrow. But, I'm glad I learned how skiddish I am about such things and will now attempt to get over myself and just do it before its too late. Oh dear.

No comments: