Thursday, November 27, 2008

Success.

Mmm, nothing tastes quite as sweet as home. Cliche, but whatev.
After months of being surrounded by college students, coming home to my family was a bit of a culture shock. I never realized how much I missed babies and domesticated animals. I have been practically smothering my nephew ever since I got here and am showing more affection than usual to my poor neglected puppy (that I'm pretty sure only gets loved when I'm around, not really..but I just love her more than my other fam members).

But the much anticipated journey home really has been all I hoped. Today I ate like a pig and it was fantastic. Not only did I get to eat food that wasn't mass-produced in Biola's caf, but it was recepies that have been in my family for years, prepared by the ones I love. Perfect. At lunch we went around the table and each read a verse on thankfulness, sang some songs and expressed what we were most thankful for, while laughing and almost crying the whole time... aka my family at all times.

God is so good, He knew exactly what I needed from this weekend so He gave double. I never thought that just being in the company of my family and friends could be so medicinal. I havn't had a single stress since I got home and THAT is exactly what I needed and hoped for. Tomorrow will be a different story, I'll be working at my family's clothing store for an after Thanksgiving sale, so that will be intense and semi-stressful, but I get in the zone when I'm there and it's actually really fun.

I think, very superficially, besides being home with my family that being able to wear boots, scarves, jeans, and beanies...has been favorite thing. Give me cold weather any day. Seriously, please do. My other favorite thing is being able to be a mindless zombie. I'm sitting on the couch this very moment with my favorite C0-Bro, and the hardest decision we will have to make today is whether we should have one piece of of chocolate pie or two. Yessssss.

1 comment:

Brian Pannell said...

two!!!!!!!! love ya much rachey!!!