Thursday, November 12, 2009

creatures and dancers

For my Digital Tools class, we just learned how to use Adobe Illustrator and our first task was to create 20 bugs/creatures/monsters within the program and present them in a creative way.

So, I hand drew {via computer} these 20 little creatures based on the popular stuffed animals, UglyDolls. They turned out pretty true to form and took about 8-9 hours to create due to the process of Illustrator using tons of layers, vector points and individual manipulations.

Woah, lots of work. And I cut them out and displayed them in a shoe box, trying to simulate the big collecting project from elementary school where you collect bugs and stick pins in them, and put them I'm a shoe box. Shootin for nostalgia.

Here are the creatures, please enjoy their oddities.


In other news...

- Shane Claiborne, author, Christian revolutionary activist is speaking at Biola tonight. I'm a fan of his books, his life and his attitude so I'm stoked to hear him speak tonight.

- This weekend is the lovely Emily Leechman's {soon to be Mrs. Koinis} bridal/lingerie shower. Shannon and I are embarking on a scandalous lingerie quest this weekend. Couldn't be more excited.

- EIGHT days till lots of brisk weather, lots of hugs, lots of scarves and warm beverages, lots of family, lots of food, lots of pictures, lots of rest and lots of merriment.

P.S. This video is fantastic. I came across it while doing a video project for 4D and I can't stop watching it. And soon realized that I must include it in my project.

Please enjoy it's oddities as well.

No comments: