Friday, October 30, 2009

Hill Tumbling

I was walking back from class this morning and passed by a particularly lovely grassy hill on campus that is usually unoccupied. Well today, there were about 20 tiny tots rolling down the hill, screaming, flirting, bumbling and giggling and I was this close to joining them.

I smiled at one of the girls and she said "hi" and waived at me. I talked to her for a minute and asked what they were doin and they were on a field trip. That's all, just a field trip. And according to my new gal pal, she was having "a ton o' fun at Wyola! I wanna go here too!" My heart was all tingly and warm envying their life of college campus romping, hill tumbling and bookstore browsing on a Friday afternoon.

Oh to be 7 again, such bliss. A little glimpse down nostalgia lane was all I needed to make me yet again greatful for my childhood, and for where I am now.

No comments: