Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the plus side of learning.

i've been thinking back lately about who i was/how i was when i first came to biola, and how different i am now. it almost feels wrong that i have changed so significantly. almost like i have created this whole new persona through the experiences i have had and the choices, no matter how small, that i have made since i've been here. it's crazy to think back to freshman year, it was only 2 years ago but feels like junior high. and now, as i look forward i am still such a baby. i'm only 20, not even a fourth of my life has been lived yet and i'm already looking back nostalgically about how much i've changed. goodness, it's only going to get crazier. 

to be honest, i like myself now a whole lot better than i like freshman or even sophomore year version of myself. why? because i have made strides. big ones, spiritually, relationally, academically, financially and artistically since then and i have been impacted deeply by people who have poured into my life, or been in my life for a short time and continued on their way. because i have discovered what it is that i am, what i want to do, how i can bless others and what my purpose is. things freshman version of myself had no clue about. because i have lived. and lived well.

this past year has been hands down the most significant thus far. as it's coming to an end it leaves a weird taste in my mouth. both glad to have experienced all that has come my way, and also expectant & anxious about next year full of question marks, and all the years after college that i have no idea how to face.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." [Joshua 1:9]

time to go get it.

No comments: